Hello gentle reader, and welcome to the comprehensive guide to setting up a blog just like this one!
- Open your Internet browser, and in the address bar enter “www.wordpress.com”, and press enter.
- The WordPress homepage will load up. Look in the top right corner of the screen for an orange button marked “Sign Up Now!” and click it.
- You’ll be brought to the account creation screen. Enter a valid username and password, your email address and tick the box to agree to the Terms Of Service. The click the orange button marked “Next”.
- If there is any problems, they will be highlighted in pink. Ie, if your username is invalid (less than 4 letters or already in use), it will highlighted and you will be prompted to pick another.
- If there are no problems, you will be taken to the final page where you can choose your domain name, blog name, and privacy settings.
- You will be sent a confirmation email. Click the confirm link, and your blog will be created!